We combined these two because the guidelines are essentially the same. We only recommend you use these sites for images of famous people, this way you can know you have the original source of the image by going to the official page for that person, and using images they have uploaded (often referenced by several other sites in case you are unsure).
How it works:
- Have the text below the image “Source Instagram” or “Source Twitter”
- Where you have “Twitter” or “Instagram”, apply a hyperlink to THE ACTUAL IMAGE POST ITSELF ON THEIR PAGE, NOT THE HOMEPAGE OF THE SITE OR THE PERSON’S GENERAL PAGE LINK.
- To find the URL for the image you would like to use, simply click on the image or right click and select to open it in a new tab. The URL in the address bar is the one you should use. This is the same for both Twitter and Instagram.
- To save an image from Instagram or Twitter you will need to take a screenshot. You can do this by pushing the Print Screen button on your keyboard or by using a program like ScreenHunter.
- When using ScreenHunter simply click capture now and drag the cursor over the area of the photo.