Platforms Program Policies
When you agree to the terms of Google's Platform Products (including DFA, DFP, DFP Small Business, DoubleClick Search, the DoubleClick Ad Exchange/Admeld Service and DoubleClick Bid Manager), OpenX’s Platform Products, Appnexus’s Platform Products and Superlink’s Platform products, you are required to adhere to the following policies (in addition to applicable partner and product-specific policies that Superlinks makes available to you). If you fail to comply with these policies, we may suspend and/or terminate your account or particular ads.Content guidelines
Advertisements, the pages that display them and their landing pages must not contain content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others. In the event that we receive a complaint, we reserve the right to disclose your identity to that complainant.
If you use Superlink’s Platform Products in connection with content that is directed at children under the age of 13 years, you must notify Superlinks by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Invalid activity
- You must not set a cookie on Google's, OpenX, Appnexus or Superlinks domains or modify, intercept or delete cookies set on Google's, OpenX, Appnexus or Superlinks domains.
- You must not use artificial means to inflate impressions, conversions and/or clicks (e.g. click fraud).
- You must not distribute malware or deliver ads that link to pages that distribute malware.
- You must not use device fingerprints or locally shared objects (e.g. Flash cookies, Browser Helper Objects, HTML5 local storage) other than HTTP cookies in connection with Google's, OpenX, Appnexus or Superlinks Platform Products.
- You must not use systems that overlay ad space on a given site without express permission of the site owner.
You must not use Google's, OpenX, Appnexus or Superlinks Platform Products to select or target interest-based advertisements, or to collect or use audience data such as cookie lists, based on:
- past or current activity by users known by you to be under the age of 13 years;
- past or current activity by users on sites or apps or areas of sites or apps directed at children under the age of 13 years;
- past or current activity by users on adult, gambling, or government agency sites or apps; or
- other inferred or actual sensitive information (including, without limitation, health or medical history or information, negative financial status or other detailed information pertaining to a person's finances, racial or ethnic origins, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of any crime, political opinions or beliefs, trade union membership, or sexual behavior or orientation).
If you use Google's Platform Products for interest-based advertising:
- you must have all rights necessary to use audience data such as cookie lists.
- advertisers must attach notices to advertisements to make clear that they are interest-based (e.g. by using an “Ad Choices” icon);
- you must disclose clearly any data collection, sharing and use on any site, app, email publication or other property that facilitates interest-based advertising; and
- all parties must comply with applicable Internet advertising industry guidelines (e.g. the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance, or IAB Europe's EU Framework for Online Behavioral Advertising).
You must not pass any information to Google, OpenX, Appnexus or Superlinks:
- that Google, OpenX, Appnexus or Superlinks could use or recognize as personally-identifiable information; or
- that permanently identifies a particular device (such as a mobile phone's unique device identifier if such an identifier cannot be reset).
You must not use Google's, OpenX, Appnexus or Superlinks Platform Products to facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with information previously collected as non-personally identifiable information without robust notice of, and the user's prior affirmative (i.e. opt-in) consent to, that merger.Location Data
If in connection with Google's, OpenX, Appnexus or Superlinks Platform Products you collect, process or disclose information that identifies or can be used to infer an end user's precise geographic location, such as GPS, wifi or cell tower data:
- you must obtain express (i.e. opt-in) consent from end users;
- all applicable privacy policies must disclose such information collection, processing or disclosure; and
- you will only send such information to Google via an encrypted channel such as the HTTPS communications protocol.